For the longest time, the one pair of shoes I vowed to never get are mules. They are a 90’s trend I could never get on board with. Bloggers, Vloggers, instagram influencers, etc. have made mules the shoes of the summer and to me, it never made sense. My arguments on this case were, “What’s the point of half a shoe,” and “it’s glorifying flip flops.” On this day, (actually a few days ago) I caved and got a pair of mules; loafer mules to be exact.
Why? Well, I found this pair that was under $25, they come in black, and they look a WHOLE lot like this high end pair. There are also three influencers that have made me convert to the mule trend: Blank Itinerary, Miss Louie, and the College Prepster. They make these silhouettes look modern and chic, so I had to give it a try.
Here is a quick pros and cons list if you’re still on the fence about this style:
- They give you an “effortless” put together vibe that I didn’t was possible to achieve with half a loafer
- no straps or buckles to mess with, just slip on and you’re out the door!
- variety of price ranges, yes broke college student, you too can give off fashion blogger vibes at a fraction of the price
- I can’t wear them if a lot of walking is involved. Maybe I need a different size, but they are kind of difficult to walk in
- Like most open shoes, they aren’t ideal for rainy days
On Friday, I wore my favorite work outfit to date. I felt good, It looked good, and everything fit right.
My super cute blazer
THE BEST JEANS ON THE PLANET
I’ve been collecting MAC lipsticks since I was in high school. It’s not a massive collection, but I love them and I have shades I actually want to use.
Persistence: This is the newest edition to the family. The website describes it as a peachy cinnamon color, and I call it my perfect nude. I’ve been using persistence the most frequently because it’s such an everyday color for me. Persistence is a matte finish but still super comfortable to wear all day long.
Del Rio: Del Rio is my favorite lipstick when I want a nice everyday color. I like to layer her underneath my Nyx matte liquid lipstick in french maid to make everything more comfortable. The color is described as a muted plum brown and is a satin finish.
Stone: Stone is what I use when I want a full on spice girls 90’s lip. My skin tone pulls the brown color more heavily than the taupe that others tend to get out of it. It is a matte finish (are we sensing a trend?) and a muted greyish taupe brow (straight from mac cosmetics website).
Rebel: My first love. Rebel is the first MAC lipstick I’ve ever owned and I have worn her to DEATH. I got her when I was into super bold lips because I couldn’t blend eye shadow. At one point, I would wear rebel every single day.
Viva Glam 1: This is my perfect red lipstick. It felt good to buy it because MAC donates money to an AIDS charity whenever someone buys products from the viva glam line.
March is over and that means favorites time! I rounded up my top items of the month to share. I did a video this time because I will get the hang of this youtube thing!
Here is everything I mentioned. It’s also in the description box of my videos! There will always be little easter eggs of something I mentioned.
Similar Versona Bag: https://www.shopversona.com/versona/m…
Similar Coach wallet: http://www.coach.com/coach-accordion-…
Alex and Ani bangles:
Updates Compass: http://www.alexandani.com/symbol-jewe…
Aphrodite’s Flower: http://www.alexandani.com/aphrodites-…
Michael Kors bangle: https://www.michaelkors.com/astor-sil…
Starbucks cup: http://store.starbucks.com/products/n…
Calvin Klein Bras: http://www.calvinklein.us/en/underwea…
H&M Pants: http://www.hm.com/us/product/81801?ar…
Clinique Foundation: http://www.clinique.com/product/1599/…
Carli Bybel Palette:
This week’s sales areinsane. President’s day is on Monday and there are so many sales, it took multiple sheets of paper to get them all down! (I also have big hand writing) Most of the sales end Monday, so enjoy your long weekend!! I’m spending it at Disney World! Besides shopping, how are you spending yours?
- T-shirts start at $7
- jeans start at $15
- active is 50% off with prices starting at $8
- dresses start at $19
- t-shirts start at $5
- jeans start at $12
- active is also 50% off with prices starting at $7
- dresses start at $8
- Sales starting at $5 going upto 70% off
- free standard shipping with code: 7779
- Buy 2 get one free off of Family games, movies, and books
- Clothing, shoes and accessories are 15% off ONLINE
- furniture and patio that are already 30% off get an extra 10% with code: PRESIDENT
- Free bralette with a body by Victoria bra purchase with code: FREEBRALETTE
- All jeans buy one get one %50 off
- the AEO collection is buy one get one 50% off
- Also with the AEO collection the code MOREWKND
- $30 off of 125
- $25 off of $100
- $10 off of $50
- 60% off of clearance
- $20 bikini tops and bottoms
- denim is buy one get one 50% off
- Me to We is buy one get one 50%
- Men’s t-shirts are buy 2 for $32
- also there’s a 20% off code : NEW2020
One year ago, I was in a Starbucks with one of my bestest friends. She cheered me on as made this wonderful little website of magical beauty. I was 19 and wanted to try this out to see what happened. Fast forward to today and I’m sitting in the same Starbucks, with the same friend, but this time, I’m blowing out a candle!! I know I’m not the most consistent blogger, but I can’t put into words how much joy this experience has brought me. Talking about my favortie things in the world and being un-apologetically passionate